Passionnées de Scrap'Digital Index du Forum

Passionnées de Scrap'Digital Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

NHL, my defensive skills were terrible, and I admit that. B

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Passionnées de Scrap'Digital Index du Forum -> Challenges -> ♥ VOTES DES CHALLENGES ♥
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

MessagePosté le: Ven 5 Oct - 03:25 (2018)    Sujet du message: NHL, my defensive skills were terrible, and I admit that. B Répondre en citant

A rematch of last springs Eastern Conference final is on tap Saturday, as the Montreal Canadiens welcome the New York Rangers to the Bell Centre. You can listen to the game on TSN Radio 690 Montreal with coverage beginning at 6pm et. The Rangers ousted Montreal in six games for last seasons conference title before losing to the Los Angeles Kings in the Stanley Cup Final. It marked New Yorks first trip to the Cup Finals since winning it all in 1994, while the Habs were denied a shot at playing on hockeys stage for the first time since their last championship in 93. Both the Blueshirts and Canadiens are teams built on speed, but New York boasts size as well as quickness. Montreal and New York also have two of games best goaltenders in Carey Price and Henrik Lundqvist. Price will face the Rangers for the first time since Game 1 of the conference finals. Montreals No. 1 goaltender was knocked out of the playoffs in that contest after suffering a knee injury when New York forward Chris Kreider crashed into him at the end of a breakaway. Although Kreider has insisted time and again the collision was unintentional, the winger will almost certainly receive an icy reception from Canadiens fans tonight. Not including that fateful playoff game, Price is 8-5-1 with a 2.06 goals against average in his career against the Rangers. Lundqvist, who expects to start for New York, is 13-11-2 with a 2.84 GAA in 27 regular-season appearances versus Montreal. The Canadiens enter the showdown with a 6-1-0 record and will shoot for a fourth consecutive victory on Saturday. Montreal is 3-0 so far on a four-game homestand and last played on Tuesday when it notched a 2-1 overtime win against Detroit. David Desharnais scored 56 seconds into the extra session to lift the Habs to victory over the Red Wings. After P.K. Subban fired a shot from above the left circle, Max Pacioretty took the rebound and had his wrister denied by Jimmy Howard. Desharnais gathered the loose puck at the left side of the net and swatted a backhander over a falling Howard for the game-winner. Alex Galchenyuk scored the game-tying goal with 3:09 to play in the third period and Price made 27 saves for the win. We have great character on this team, Galchenyuk said. In the third, we started going to the net and it paid off for us. Montreal has won nine of its last 10 home games against the Rangers in the regular season and also claimed five of the past six encounters prior to last springs playoff meeting. The Rangers also enter Saturday with a shot at winning their fourth consecutive game. New York also posted an OT win in its last game, posting a 4-3 comeback win Tuesday night in New Jersey. New York trailed the Devils 3-1 early in the third period before rallying for the win. Kevin Kleins goal with 28 remaining in OT capped the furious comeback at Prudential Center. The Rangers forcing overtime on goals by Chris Mueller and Rick Nash and Lundqvist also helped bring on the extra session with a 28-save effort that included several key stops late in regulation. I am just really happy the way we came back, Lundqvist said. When they scored that third one, and the way their power play was playing, it was a tough, but we responded in a big way. It was a big two points for us. Kreider set up Kleins game-winner and scored earlier for New York, while Mueller also chipped in an assist in the Rangers triumph. New Yorks next game is against Minnesota on Monday when the Blueshirts kick off a four-game homestand. Montreal will begin a three-game road trip the same night in Edmonton. Also, the Canadiens will join the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs in coordinated pregame ceremonies prior to the start of their respective home games tonight. The teams will be honoring Canadian soldiers who were killed earlier this week. On Wednesday, a gunman shot and killed a Canadian solider standing guard at the National War Memorial, then entered Parliament before being shot to death. On Monday, a solider was killed as a man drove into him with a car at a building near Montreal. Rangers projected lineup: Kreider - Hayes - Nash Zuccarello - Brassard - St. Louis Hagelin - D. Moore - Duclair Glass - Mueller - Stempniak McDonagh - Girardi Staal - Klein Moore - Hunwick Lundqvist - starting Talbot Canadiens projected lineup: Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Parenteau Bourque - Eller - Weise Moen - Malhotra - Prust Emelin - Subban Markov - Gilbert Tinordi - Weaver Price - starting Tokarski John Brown Jersey .2 million deal for the upcoming season with right-hander Garrett Richards.The person spoke on condition of anonymity Saturday because the announcement hadnt been made. Baltimore Ravens Jerseys .The team had a meeting prior to facing Russia at the world junior hockey championship and got the effort theyve been looking for by defeating the Russians 4-1 to advance to the quarter-finals. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-Lamar-Jackson-Jersey/ . -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. Hayden Hurst Ravens Jersey . Selected by the Titans in the 2007 NFL Draft, Johnson rejoined the club last season after a five-year stint with Indianapolis. Robert Griffin III Jersey .com) - The San Francisco Giants delivered plenty of big hits to tie the World Series.As Randy Carlyle watched Team Canada clinch their second consecutive Olympic gold medal early Sunday morning, it was the way in which they went about achieving success - a complete defensive domination surrendering just three goals against in six games - which piqued his interest most. "I looked at it and I hope our players understand that defense does win, thats the simplest statement you can make," said the Toronto Maple Leafs head coach on Monday. If there is a goal for the Leafs over their remaining 22 games, it should be to clamp down defensively. Throughout the season, they have routinely been outshot, allowing 40 or more shots on 16 different occasions, and a league high 2175, 146 more than the next highest team, the Ottawa Senators. Of their 32 wins, the Maple Leafs lead the NHL with 25 wins in games that they have been outshot. A large part of their success has come from excellent goaltending and their ability to outscore their defensive issues, sitting behind only the Pittsburgh Penguins for the most goals scored in the Eastern Conference. But come playoff time, it is often the best defensive teams that emerge victorious. "We know that we can score goals as a team so if we can tighten up a little bit our defence, we feel were going to be a tough team to beat," said Jonathan Bernier, who has faced the third-most shots in the NHL this season. "I think that youve seen that over a long time, not just in that tournament, that good defensive teams have success," added captain Dion Phaneuf. "When you play good defence, it means you have the puck more and that generates more offence. Thats a fair statement when you say defence wins, its been like that for a long time." Team Canadas defence was made effective, primarily by the cohesion featured among the five playeers on the ice at any given time, and the relentless nature in which forwards back checked.dddddddddddd While that system was executed by some of the finest players in the game, strong defensive skills are not like offensive talent. When it comes to scoring goals, some players simply have more of a knack at it than others but, as Dave Bolland explained, there should be no excuse for poor defensive play. "Defence is about commitment," he said. "I know coming into the NHL, my defensive skills were terrible, and I admit that. But I learned that defence wins you games. I sort of took a hold of that and set it up as my third-line role." Bollands impending return (he, like last week, remained coy today about the potential of dressing against the New York Islanders this Thursday) should help lead the way in terms of defensive commitment. In 15 games before going down with the severed tendon in his left ankle, Bolland showed himself to be among the Leafs top defensive forwards. "I learned a lot about back checking when I got into the league," said Bolland. "When I was in juniors, you didnt even think about coming back. Once I got up to the NHL, you learn backchecking is crucial. The first guy I learned that from was Marian Hossa. You see that guy backcheck, he corrupts [sic] a lot of puck and he corrupts [sic] a lot of sticks, hes always back in the right spots." For an example of the style of play he hopes his players can work toward, Carlyle looked no further than the gold medal game itself. "In that game, it was played at a very high pace, but defence, probably on both hockey clubs, was very evident in the way they approached it and how they tried to set up their defensive schemes," he explained. "On the big ice surface, it doesnt look as Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 5 Oct - 03:25 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Passionnées de Scrap'Digital Index du Forum -> Challenges -> ♥ VOTES DES CHALLENGES ♥ Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange